There is 0 item in your cart.
Total (tax excl.) $0.00
Total (tax incl.) $0.00
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR NEW CRYSTAL DELIGHTS BOROSILICATE GLASS PLEASURE PRODUCT ~
Borosilicate glass is nonporous so clean up is a breeze. Soap and water work fine, or you can wipe it down with a lint-free towel moistened with peroxide, rubbing alcohol or a 10% bleach solution. Generally speaking you can sterilize borosilicate glass toys in boiling water or the dishwasher. However, boiling is not recommended in this case because that would jeopardize the embedded crystal element, glass medallion or tail.
Our products are made of glass after all, so handling them with care when washing and sterilizing is very important. With hollow items such as our Pacik dilators and the filled sparkle plugs we recommend that you put a washcloth or towel in the sink when washing them. In fact, we recommend doing that with any of our glass products, just in case.
This will help lessen the impact of the glass hitting the sink or tub directly. Porcelain and Tile are an enemy to glass. While our products are properly annealed and safe for use, like fine glassware they might not withstand the direct impact of the sink or a tile floor.
There are companies that say you can warm your glass in the microwave or cool it in the freezer. We, however, do not recommend either of these methods for your safety! The microwave will heat unevenly and could cause severe burns and the freezer, well, have you ever gotten your tongue stuck on a piece of ice? OUCH! Glass is easy to heat up or cool down simply using running water to adjust the temperature. Also, please remember that as you cool or heat, things expand and contract. Even though we use the best glue we can to attach our crystals, etc, heating and cooling over time can impact the glue.
We recommend never standing any Crystal Delights pleasure product adorned with a crystal Swarovski Element or Medallion on its end or base. The crystal elements and glass medallions are much, much more fragile than our glass plugs or dildos, and we know you wouldn’t want to damage that exquisite accoutrement.
With proper care, your new Crystal Delights toy will last a lifetime. We do offer a sturdy padded bag to keep your insertable art from getting nicked or chipped while it isn’t in use. You can purchase our storage bags here: click here
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR NEW CRYSTAL MINX TAIL PLUG ~
Our Crystal Minx animal tails are real fur and as such require a bit of special care. Here is where we give you the “correct” way to clean your Crystal Minx tail (which we suspect most of you won’t do), and we will give you some tips and tricks that can help! The Crystal Minx tail, like all fur, should really be cleaned only by a fur professional, however here are some things you can do yourself:
- Give it a good home. Be sure it is not exposed to bright light while being stored, or isn’t kept near a heat source. Make sure it has room to breathe and isn’t being crushed by other objects. Fur likes cold, hates heat. They don’t like friction. They don’t like chemicals. They like space.
- Don’t store your Crystal Minx tail in a bag. Your tail prefers air circulation to prevent its leather side from drying. If you absolutely must keep it in a bag for a short period of time, be sure it is in a loosely woven cloth bag.
- Accessorize wisely. Don’t pin jewelry on your tail, and avoid sharp necklaces and bracelets that could snag your tail.
- Avoid insecticides, moth-proofing and other chemicals around your tail, including perfume or hairspray directly on your tail. Perfume contains alcohol, which can dry it out. Once a perfume gets into your tail, including cedar from a cedar chest, it could be there to stay. Oils in the leather of your tail can become rancid and smell.
- If your tail gets wet, don’t panic. Most tails handle snow and light rain with ease. Shake it out and hang it to dry in a well-ventilated room. Resist the temptation to speed the drying process by using a hair dryer or hanging near a heat source. Your tail does not like heat. After it dries, shake it again. Do not comb or brush it. If its hairs are a little bristly, simply smooth them with your hand.
- Spot clean a stain at once with a cleaning solution and a rag. Pat the area with the rag rather than stroking it to avoid removing guard hairs. Hang to dry after the stain is removed.
- We have heard you can bring back the shine of the fur by drying oat bran or cornmeal and laying it in the fur. These substances soak up dirt and grime. Gently shake out the cornmeal and bran and shake the tail to loosen the rest of the substances.
- For ease of cleaning we recommend you use only water-based lube with your tail as any spillage will be much easier to clean. Your fur will be subject to occasional drops of lube, but that is fairly easy to clean. Use a damp (not dripping wet) washcloth to dab the affected area. Then run your fingers through the dampened fur to separate the moist hairs from each other and to minimize the spread of moisture to the dry fur. Then hang your tail to dry. This is real fur so don’t be alarmed if it sheds a few hairs, which is perfectly normal.
- Your new fur tail is sturdy but will need good care to remain that way. Frequent and rough tugging, or rubbing under or against clothes can pull it apart, both at the plug end and down the length of the tail. You will want to check your tail on a regular basis to make sure that isn’t happening for you. If it is, a few well-placed stitches with a needle and thread will fix it as long as you catch it before the tail comes completely apart. Please do not store your tail in a freezer… bad idea.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PONY PLUG ~
We recommend detangling your tail with a wig brush. Comb gently starting at the ends and work upwards.
- Your tail does not need to be combed every day. Avoid excessive combing as this could damage the synthetic fibers.
- After washing, rinse your tail in cold water, with the water flowing in the same direction as the hair to avoid tangling.
- Never style your tail when it’s wet.
- You can condition the tail every so often to keep it shiny, but do not condition it too much – this could lead to product build-up.
- Do not use hair dye on your tail.
- Using products that are specifically designed for synthetic hair work best; they will help keep your tail looking brand new for longer.
- Store your tail in a cool, dry place free of dust.
- Do not allow your tail to be crushed or bent while stored; lay it or hang it in a way that will help it maintain its style and shape.
ATTACHING AND DETACHING YOUR NEW DETACHABLE PONY TAIL PLUG ~
To detach your tail from the plug, hold the plug in one hand and the base of the tail in the other, and simply twist to the left. To reattach the tail, position the screw in the center of the base of the plug. Be sure to match up the external screw thread on your tail with the internal thread in the plug. Using firm, downward pressure, twist to the right until your tail is securely in place against the base of the plug.
*Please be careful to not over-tighten when you screw your tail back onto the base of the plug*
PONY TAIL DETANGLING TIPS ~
- Fill an empty spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of water and your favorite liquid fabric softener.
- Soak the pony tail with this mixture until it is dripping wet.
- Using a wig brush, gently comb the tail to remove any tangles.
- Thoroughly rinse the tail until all of the fabric softener has been removed.
- You can let your tail air-dry or use a blow dryer.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR FAUX FUR TAIL ~
- Keep your tail in a cool, dry place. Avoid getting your tail wet.
- Combing the tail with a soft bristled brush once a week can keep it in good condition.
- Make sure your tail isn’t folded or crushed while stored; this could flatten the fibers.
- Store your tail in a well-ventilated area to avoid developing odors.
- Do not iron your tail or expose it to any other source of extreme heat.
- Shaking a tail can quickly remove debris without damaging the faux fur.
ATTACHING AND DETACHING YOUR NEW DETACHABLE MAGNETIC BUNNY TAIL OR MAGNETIC MEDALLION PLUG ~
To detach your magnetic tail or medallion from the plug, we recommend sliding it off rather pulling or tugging it off. To many tugs could result in the magnet becoming unattached, so DON’T PULL… JUST SLIDE IT OFF
QUICK REPAIRS ~
If for some reason your crystal or fur tail has come unglued from your plug – don’t panic! They are both very simple to repair. All you’ll need is a two-part epoxy and your hands.
For crystals, start by securing the plug so that the base is facing upward, and it is flat and even. Then squeeze a drop of glue onto the bottom of the crystal where it comes to a point; the size of the drop will be almost as big as a dime. Set the crystal (glue side down) into the base of plug, and make sure it is sitting evenly. Now all you have to do is wait! The glue dries fast, but to ensure that it is completely dry, let it sit for about a half an hour.
If your fur tail has come unglued, you will use the same type of glue: a two-part epoxy. Each tail will have a small black leather ring that can be found where the tail attaches to the base of the plug. A small piece of hide is rolled up and inserted into the ring. Take the glue and insert the long applicator into this rolled piece of hide and squeeze, so that that glue is being released into it. Once the glue has filled this piece, it will begin to spill out the top; allow only a small amount to spill over. Next you will push that bottom part of the tail where you have just applied glue against the base of the plug. Make sure you are lining up the leather circle with the well in the base of the plug. Push this against the base of the plug firmly. You will either need to hold the tail against the plug like this, firmly, until it dries, or if you have clamps of some kind, you can use them to hold the tail in place while it dries.
If you would prefer not to try a repair yourself, get in touch with us; you can always send your plug back. We are happy to fix it and send it back to you.
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS ~
If possible, do not wash your faux tail with water. Instead try these solutions:
Use a cool, damp cloth or babies wipe to clean your tail. The small amount of water on the cloth or baby wipe shouldn’t be enough to damage the tail. Use the baby wipe or the cloth to wipe the fur in one direction. Once the tail is clean, do not rinse it with water. Allow it to air dry.
As with our natural fur tails, please do not pull on the tail during use, or use the tail as a handle for removal; it could damage the tail and we cannot be responsible for its replacement. All tails have a natural top and bottom, and look best when you find the natural “top.” We recommend sliding magnetic tails off the plug base rather than pulling them.
We know this is a lot of information but we feel you invested in our handmade product, and we want it to last you a life time.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if you have any questions check our site for more info, or contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org